Friday, July 23, 2010

Pleasant day in Vacationland

Now I know why they call Maine "Vacationland." You can't get much more relaxing then this. Today the weather was perfect...the sun was shining, a cool breeze was blowing all day and birds were chirping in the trees. Lisa, her parents, her 3 little boys, and I all went on a ferry today over to Isleboro where there is a perfect little beach for skipping rocks and a lighthouse with a museum attached. So cute! After we went back to the mainland we continued skipping rocks for at least an hour. (I wasn't that good at it though so Gabe had to give me lessons. I was good at finding a bunch of rocks for him to skip, though.) On our way home we saw the very uniquely colored "Oreo Cows" otherwise known as Belted Galloways. (I think Oreo is more appropriate.)
When we came home we sat out on the porch and read for a while with a glass of wine, had a wonderful dinner and made smores this evening. All in all a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very nice time. The cows are crazy, definately oreo's.

    ReplyDelete