Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Georgia On My Mind

Yesterday I drove from Gainesville to Atlanta Georgia. Along the way, I met a friend in Cordele, GA (where I was born), and I got a tour of the town and saw the house I used to live in. I even got a couple watermelons straight from the farm! Cordele is the watermelon capital of the world, you know! But, a word to the wise… don’t try to go out to eat on a Monday in Cordele. Everything is closed. ;)
Then I continued up to Atlanta where one of my fellow PT graduates is living and working. I have always known that Atlanta has very heavy traffic as you go past it on the highway, but in the city it is even worse! The lanes on the road are so narrow I thought for sure my side mirror was gonna be taken off by another car. Once you get out of the city, though, the traffic dies down and winding roads with all the quaint, old homes on them are beautiful. Jessica N. lives in a very nice area where there are tons of great restaurants, stores and parks within walking distance. She is trying to convince me to move here after Maine, and though I have not given in yet, she is doing a pretty good job. ;) I will be in Atlanta till Thursday so if anyone has suggestions as far as things to do or see let me know!

2 comments:

  1. You need to see the aquarium if you haven't been there before!!! It is pretty super cool!!
    Miss you!!!!

    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really are tons of things to do in Atlanta. I'm sure you'll find lots. I was there so long ago that I'd hate to stear you wriong.

    ReplyDelete