Thursday, July 29, 2010

Is it possible to have a better evening than this?

There is a little Newport newspaper that comes out every Monday. In it is all kinds of info, such as, all the family reunions happening in the area, various birthdays, who has graduated from college, the bingo schedule and so on. Real interesting...
However, sometimes you find the diamond in the rough. This Monday I read that there was going to be a concert in a nearby town. Celtic Spring a band made up of the children and parents of the Wood family. They apparently performed on "Americas Got Talent" and now they are touring the country. There are six children all of whom play the fiddle and Irish step dance. Of course I was sold.
The ride to Unity, the town the concert was in, took me down some new roads so, of course, I have to comment on a couple interesting things I saw. First, there was a goat grazing in someone's yard. Second, there was a memorial cross on the side of the road and instead of flowers, it had a mini deer head mounted on it. If that's not country I don't know what is.
Anyway, the concert was amazing!! They performed so perfectly it was ridiculous. The concert lasted for two hours. The five older siblings played and danced for most of it. The youngest of the six children is only 10 and he is just starting to come on the performance scene. I would really encourage you to check them out at www.celticspringband.com. I was able to take some video footage of them which I will try to post. We'll see if it works. :)
After the concert on my ride home I was really struck by how incredibly dark it is out here. Even though the moon was huge tonight, I would look out my rear view mirror and it was pitch black. When I got home I just sat outside for a bit looking at the stars. It is really quite chilly out tonight and there are no clouds in the sky. Perfect star gazing night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment