Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Burgers and Aquarium

Last night we went to The Vortex Bar and Grill which was featured on Man vs Food on Food Network. I decided to try one of the featured hamburgers that, the host, Adam Richman ate called the Elvis burger. It is a burger topped with lettuce tomato, onion, bacon, fried bananas and “slathered with a King-sized helpin’ of smooth peanut butter!” It was different and really good, but definitely not the low fat option. ;)
This morning Jess and I went for a walk in Piedmont Park which was absolutely beautiful. You can see the city landscape just beyond the tree line of the park. Of course, I forgot to bring my camera with me so I will have to post pics tomorrow if we go for a walk again.
I changed my plans for next week a little and decided to nix the Baltimore National Aquarium after hearing about the extremely high crime rate in the area. So I took Coralies advice and went to the Georgia Aquarium today instead. They lay claim to having the largest indoor aquarium in the world and it is one of only two places in the world where you can see Whale Sharks. There is one tank that holds over 6 million gallons of water, is 293 feet long, 126 feet wide and 30 feet deep that is home to 4 whale sharks along with 2 manta rays and thousands of other kinds of fish. There were tons of cool exhibits, but I enjoyed watching the whale sharks the most.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I can't get over the Elvis hamburger...Did it come with fries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you ate a burger like that!!! What were you thinkin?

    The aquarium looks awesome. You really get a good perspective of it's size when you see that guy up next to the glass.

    ReplyDelete