Monday, September 20, 2010

Simple life.

This weekend Sue was getting some friends and family together at her house for a quick clean-up of her garage. I was happy to help, especially since she has been so great showing me around from one end of Maine to the other. Plus its just fun sometimes to organize (even if it isn't your stuff).
On Friday, I went up there and hung out around the fire with Sue and Tammi (Sue's friend who is about my age). Tammi and I found out that we both enjoyed playing the guitar when I first met her my second week in Maine so this time I remembered to bring my guitar with me and we played and sang around the camp fire together.
Saturday, we cleaned and organized for a few hours and then we relaxed. In the evening, we had a game night. We stayed up super late playing "Bananagram" and "Phase 10" I didn't win at either of them (which is not unexpected), but it was hilarious just sitting around joking and talking all night.
The next day Tammi invited me to go to church with her, and she suggested that we sing one of the songs we had practiced at church that morning. My initial thought was, "She can just walk into church and ask to play a song during the service?" But it is a little country church with about 40 people in attendance, and the pastor was really nice and totally excited that we were gonna sing. We sang By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North; it was really fun!  Afterwards, I had lunch with Tammi, her friend Dave, and the pastor and his family at the pastors house. It is kinda hard to get used to this country hospitality where everyone welcomes you in like you are family when they have only just met you, but, geez, what a thing to have to get used to...  I'm not gonna complain. ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how the Lord is hooking you up with other sisters. How fun to worship in such a personal friendly environment. So looking forward to our trip. I have to e-mail you stuff I've found.

    ReplyDelete