Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweeter still

Another week done. Is it weird that while I am driving home on a Friday afternoon new treatment ideas for my patients are running through my mind? Sometimes it is hard to turn it off. Of course, I will probably forget them all by Monday... which is why I am seriously considering getting one of those little voice recorders that physicians or physiologists have :)
Another thing I was contemplating on my ride home was a call I got from my boss today. As we were talking she asked me if I wanted to sign on for another 13 week contract at this facility. She said I did not have to give her an answer right away, but that the offer is out there. I am 90% sure I am gonna say no (I really want to go to Tennessee), but there is this little 10% of me thinking about all the things Sue has told me we could do if I signed on again and stayed through the winter such as downhill skiing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling...etc. Then the other 90% kicks in again and says that I have a goal of seeing all 50 states and I can't spend that long in Maine. And it will be FREEZING in the winter. And I must be crazy thinking that I can handle being in the "country" that long. Plus my parents are already planning on going to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. What do you guys think I should do?

Finally, after this long, thought-filled 15 minute drive I got home! ;) And low and behold a package was waiting from me. FUN!
"Brown paper packages tied up with string. These are a few of my favorite things..."
It was from my friend Dawn! Filled with things she knew I would love. One was a CD from Andrew Peterson. First of all, I think he is one of the best song writers in Christian music today. Secondly, this album is called "Counting Stars"and as you may have figured out I am fascinated by the night sky. (I think my Dad had something to do with that!) Third, he has a quote from The Lord of the Rings inside the CD case. Do you think it could get any more catered directly to me? I think not! Thanks Dawner! It was perfect.
I have received quite a few things from people that have made my day. Thanks!
 
Also, a big Happy Birthday to Heather!! Maybe we will stop playing phone tag and I will get to tell you in person at some point. ;)

This weekend Sue and I are going to the Blueberry Festival! And then to Campobello Island in Canada.
What adventures are in store??

1 comment:

  1. See that's what's going to happen everywhere you go! You're just too darn likable and everyone you meet (with the exception of that weird lady in treatment)wants you to stay! It's a big decision and I will support which ever way you go, but I think you'll freeze. Oh and Dawner, if you read this...looks like I'll have to step up my game...you're winning on the brown paper packages. Hope you have another wonderful weekend, can't wait to hear about it. Love Mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete