Monday, August 30, 2010

American Folk Festival

Nothing too crazy this weekend. Just relaxed a bit and went to the American Folk Festival in Bangor. It is a annual festival that the city puts on that spotlights all kinds of traditional music from bluegrass, country and celtic to native american, cajun, and african. And it is totally free, which is right up my alley! Some of the people I saw perform were:
Dr. Michael White Quartet,

Taste of Celtic Colors,
Linda Lay and Springfield Exit, The Old Grey Goose, and Paddy Keenan.
Paddy Keenan played the Irish pipes and the low whistling flutes which I think have a beautiful sound. But he said with the wind blowing across the stage he could not play the flute. He then made a joke about using someones umbrella (lots of people had them for shade) to ward off the winds. So sure enough someone gave him an umbrella and he hid behind it and played his flute. :)

I really enjoyed my time there, but it was actually qutie hot!! A whole 92 degrees and I was burning up. Are you guys sending that hot weather up here? Well, stop it cause I don't have AC in my cottage.

2 comments:

  1. We're sending something else your way too! Earl should be arriving just in time for the weekend. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time on your adventures so far! I absolutely love your cottage and am jealous that fall is drawing near for you. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete