Thursday, October 24, 2013

Back to life, back to reality...

So it has been about 3 weeks since I have been back from Alaska and it has been a whirlwind. It always is as I try to get back into the swing of things here.
Immediately when I got back my parents, Dawn, and I went on a camping trip to St. Pete area and had an awesome time riding on jet skis, exploring the town, and relaxing at a dog beach with Lady. While we were on our jet skis we saw a couple packs of dolphins and one time Dawn and I ended up in the drink while trying to follow them. It was not a pretty sight, but we can laugh about it now.



 
Besides camping, I have gone to two very good friends baby-showers (one of which has since had the baby), I have been singing with the praise team again, had jury duty for the first time, searching for houses/condos to buy, and searching for a job. I know the last one is a shocker for me too. I did actually search for a permanent job...
And I found one.
My adult self, who understands the importance of some security for a while, is happy about this job, but my inner child is being dragged along kicking and screaming into this new level of permanency.
I have accepted a full time position at an Out Patient clinic in Boca Raton. It is a really nice facility with some awesome people working there. If I had to find a place to settle down at least I found a good one. I won't be traveling again for a while, but I am not AT ALL ruling out the possibility that I will be on the move again someday.
As I look back over the last 3 years it has been the adventure of a lifetime, and I have met some of the most amazing people. I do not regret a second of it, and my only desire is that I can say the same about the next 3 years whatever they may hold.

2 comments:

  1. Travel points out two things, one is that there are many wonderful things in this world, the other is that home is not only a place to start from it is a place to return to. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Ivy. You are our amazing wonderful and awesome gal. Congratulations on the great job! I'm glad you're be around for a while. Next step....Ireland! Love, aunt Monica xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete