Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This Cheechako is heading back to the lower 48.

Well, I am headed home this Thursday. I have had a wonderful time here and as usual I am sad to leave, but happy to be on my way home just as the snow begins to fall. Every morning I am having to wake up earlier to defrost my windshield.

 

Last weekend before it really started snowing I went out to see the fall leaves for the one weekend they are out. The fall season here is very short and before all the leaves have even changed the snow is already falling. It was a good thing I got out there when I did.



I have been very grateful that the Lord provided me great friends out here to be able to travel this huge state with, and to share some wonderful memories with. We all got together a few nights ago to have dinner at my place and then we went out to a local favorite for dessert. I am gonna miss these guys.

For my final Alaskan adventure Lissie and Milton and I drove to the Arctic Circle. This was the first time I have been north of Fairbanks by car. Everywhere else we drove was south. Really, there is nothing to do up North except look at the scenery, but that was enough. It was beautiful. Now that it has been snowing everything is prettier in my opinion. Take a look for yourselves...

 
 

However, the piece de resistance was on the way back from the Arctic Circle. We saw a real live, out in the wild, Lynx!! These are very stealthy, shy animals, but this one was literally walking along the side of the road as we drove up.


1 comment:

  1. You have really had an adventure on this assignment and I have enjoyed your posts. You have revealed such a remote part of our country to me. It's been fun to be a part of it. Thank you for taking the time to share with me (us).

    ReplyDelete