Thursday, September 29, 2011

Death Valley and Lion King

Well, I have taken my dear sweet time with this post :) This will be a short one. I promise.
Two weekends ago I went to Death Valley National Park. It was somewhat similar to Mojave, but it did have an abundance of one thing that Mojave did not have...tourists. I was really shocked at how many people were there even though this is still the hot part of the season.



 I did get to see the lowest point in the US, Badwater Basin. It is, basically, a dry salt flat that leaves you feeling as if you swallowed a gallon of salt water after you've walked on them for a while and breathed in the air. Other then that... not too much to comment on.



 Last weekend I did nothing except begin packing in anticipation of my friend, Dawn, coming out here for a few days to travel to some of the parks in Utah with me. In fact, I am waiting for her plane to get in as I write this. I am sure I will have some posts about the places we go!! Yeah! 
Work has been incredibly stressful the last couple of weeks. One of the facilities that I work at is really desperate and when I leave there will be no PT and so far they have no one to fill in. I worked 10 hours today which is crazy and I will just be glad when tomorrow is over.
I cant wait to be home and see everyone! Super excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment