Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just about Washington.

My time here in WA has flown by. I only have 3and a half weeks of work left. Then my parents are coming out here for a week (July 8th-17th) and we are going to travel around Mt Rainer, Mt Saint Helen's, the Olympic coast and National Park, and Seattle. That is going to be a blast! After that my sister will come and we are going to travel from here to Nevada where my next assignment will be. The plan is to drive along the coast line for as long as possible and stop at Redwood National Forest, Sequoia National Forest, Yosemite National Park and anywhere else that looks interesting along the way. I am searching for a car top carrier right now so I can actually fit another person in my car cause you know how full I pack it! Pretty sure those are going to be the best two weeks of my life!

I thought I would finally take some time to write about the day to day stuff.
My apartment is right in the middle of downtown Redmond which is really nice since everything is super close.
mine is the middle one. Love that I have a garage!
Storm rising over my neighborhood.
I am within walking distance of a beautiful trail, the library, Trader Joes (a grocery store that sells organic foods), and to the music store where I am taking guitar lessons. Right now, I am learning "Blackbird" by the Beatles and "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons.

Below, is my work station (my coffee table). Its funny, because I always have two computers and two cell phones (my work and personal) sitting on my coffee table...along with whatever else lands there.
I am settling in to a good routine with work where I see all my patients, run errands for the rest of the day (while places are still open), and then do paperwork all evening. I love the flexibility, even if it is crazy that I am working till 9pm sometimes. I figure, I can't be doing much else at 9 so why not be typing notes up?

Recently, when I have been driving around I have noticed all these little white fluffs floating in the air. It almost looked like it was snowing. There was so much of this stuff blowing around that I would have to pick it out of my hair before walking into my patients homes. There were actual drifts of it on the side of the road. Finally, I asked one of my patients who is a gardener what is was and she said it is from the cottonwood trees. I feel bad for people with allergies around here...

The weather has been relatively nice and we have had some super clear days where I can actually see Mt. Rainer off in the distance... If you enlarge this pic you might be able to see it too.

So this weekend, Jess' parents came into town. I went to Seattle with them on Saturday. We had a good time doing the touristy things with them. We also celebrated Jess' birthday yesterday. We went to Cheesecake Factory... YUM!


So I got some more pics from Hawaii that other people took and they are so  good I had to post them even if they are a little late. :) Better late then never..



No comments:

Post a Comment