Monday, March 21, 2011

I've made it!

Friday morning I left from Salt Lake City. I was trying to make it as far as I could go. I drove through northern Utah and then into southern Idaho. These areas were, by far, the least populated areas I had driven through the whole trip.

When I got to a town just a few hours away from Jessica's place I decided to try to just go ahead and get all the way to Redmond, WA before stopping. Unfortunately, this was probably not the best choice. I got into the mountain range and it began snowing. Of course! I called Jess to see if she could find a hotel room for me to just pull off and stop, but there were none up there. It was a complete white out for about 20 minutes right when I was going through the peak of the mountain pass. After about two hours stuck in the snow and one tow truck later I was able to make it all the way to Redmond, WA by 1am. Again...I hate the snow, and after this experience I plan to get chains for my car. Why is it that I always end up driving in the worst snow storms without any knowledge that they are coming? My new favorite radio station is 1610 AM. The roadway advisory station. ;)
Other then my snowy adventure, which had the potential to be really bad, but turned out fine (thanks to AAA), I just had a long driving day and then was able to recover all day Saturday. Jess and I cooked dinner and had a great time hanging out.
Today, Sunday, Jess showed me around town a bit and I have been looking at places to rent while I am here. Tomorrow, I start work. I will be doing Home Health PT on this assignment. I have no experience in this at all so I will have to let you all know how that goes later on. Hopefully, I am able to pick it up pretty quickly. I am excited to be here in WA and I can't wait to let you know how my first week goes!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, 1st you need to update your map and fill in the 3 new states.

    Praise the Lord you are in WA and I ask that He provide a hedge of protection around you.

    Oh and I'll continue to renew our AAA membership, your welcome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going to fill in Oregon till I go see Portland and actually stop there. I only skimmed the northeast boarder of it and never got out of my car. And, yes, the AAA membership has saved the day many a time. So thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete