Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still settling in...

Well, I know I have been MIA for a bit. But I have had quite a time settling in here. I arrived in TN last Friday after totally striking out in Kentucky with the horse farm tours. Apparently, I chose to visit on the very day that the Breeder's Cup races were being run. All of the tour guides were attending the race so no tour for me.
Once in TN, I moved in to a place that is in a very nice town just outside of Knoxville. That first weekend I explored downtown Knoxville and went to church with some friends that live in the area. I began my job last Monday (11/8). It is busy, but great! Almost all the rehab staff is my age and they are very nice. The facility is a huge 150 bed nursing home (much more up to date then my last facility). My job is about 40mins away from where I am living and I am not loving the commute or the environment I'm living in. So the friends that I know introduced me to a lady who lives only about 5 mins away from where I work, and tomorrow (or today by the time you read this) I will be moving in with her. She is very nice and crafty so when I am home in the evenings during the week I think we will get a lot of scrapbooking done! Yeah!
So far I have not done any sight seeing owing mostly to the fact that I have not really had a chance to settle in and find out what to do. We'll see what this weekend holds.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.tnvacation.com/listing/scenic-highways-and-byways

    This is a really cool site with all the neat things you can do in TN. Hope it helps you decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete