Sunday, June 16, 2013

Alaska!

Well, I have completed my goal. I can't believe it! I have loved the journey that this goal has taken me on and its not over yet...
I arrived in AK on Thursday evening and spent the last couple of days settling in and wandering around town just seeing what Fairbanks has to offer. It is not a "beautiful" city, but it does have everything I will need and there is some beautiful wilderness just outside the main part of the city.
The extended stay/ resort I am staying in is nice with large rooms and the Creamer's Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge right behind the property. I can access the trails through the refuge from right out my back door.
 
 It really is daylight here all the time. I think it is funny that I have not yet seen darkness here. It is light when I fall asleep and light when I wake up. It takes a little getting used to, but I love the fact that I do not have to worry about the sun going down while I am out on a hike or driving around in a strange part of town.
Here is a view out my window at almost 11pm.

Tomorrow I begin orientation at the hospital. I will hopefully be meeting some of my co-workers. Can't wait to start to get more inside, local knowledge about what there is to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment