Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hanging with my family and hanging with my Montana family.

Back on August 17th I flew to Florida. For a week I watched the Eller boys while Heather and Dana were in Ireland. We spent time at Gumbo Limbo and went to the beach just before Issac hit. I was actually delayed in returning to MT due to the hurricane. It was nice to have a little "home" time before completing my last month in Montana.


 

 When I was finally able to get back to MT after Issac passed I started right back to work for a few days. Over the weekend I went... you guessed it... back to Lame Deer to hang with my Montana family. :) I only have a short period of time to see them so I have to take advantage. I thought for sure they would be sick of me by now, but they keep welcoming me with open arms.
Last weekend we went to Sheridan, Wyoming and spent the day looking around the historic downtown area. It was filled with little cafes and shops where I could browse all day.
 Then, on Sunday, Molly taught me how to make a braided Challah Bread from scratch. It was so fun. I have never made bread before, and of course, I start with this one. :) Far be it from me to shy away from a challenge.
 
 
I also got to fulfill another dream of mine while I was there. I played the violin. Molly's older son, who has been visiting family in FL for most of the summer was back last weekend, and he is learning to play. He taught me the basics. I have never even held a violin before, but have always been interested in it. I played "Amazing Grace" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." I was so proud! I love the instrument even more now.

This weekend I had to work, but I have Wednesday off. We'll see what I do for the day. I was thinking of going to Red Lodge and maybe doing a hike. Just a couple more weeks here.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy looking bread. Hope you remember the receipe so when you're back you can make some for me.

    ReplyDelete