Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Survival Skills 101

This weekend I got some classes in survival 101 from my friend Lu.
Saturday, we went fishing all day. I learned how to tie the fish to the line after they were caught so I can keep them alive while I continue fishing. I had to put the worms and leeches on the hook myself too, eww.
I caught 4 large mouth bass. They were pretty small, but I was proud.




On Sunday, we spent most of the day out side building traps, whittling sticks, starting fires, shooting arrows, and practicing throwing a hatchet. I should have learned all this before I started traveling and hiking all over the country.











I am actually pretty good with a bow and arrow! I never would have thought!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you Katness in real life. Hey be careful out there. I happened upon a show on public tv the other night about Glacier National Park. I was like cool that's where Ivy is going soon. Yep! It was called night of the Grizzle and was about how in 1967 two separate Grizzle attacts happened in one night Yep! Two girls (your age) were eatten alive!!! I don't know how I manage to do this, you go to Nevada and it's the scorpions, you go to Montana and its the Grizzles. Interesting point about the Grizzles is that in August they are the most fixated on eating in order to put on weight for their hibernation season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! MOM! Those attacks were 45 years ago! I don't think the Lord wants to take me yet, but just in case it is possible to thwart His plans (yeah right), I am putting the back seat down in my car and putting my air mattress in there instead of staying in my tent. And I will only hike well-traveled trails during the day with my bear spray on the ready. Plus, this park allows firearms so I will have that too.

      Delete
  2. So fun. Tell Lu I said hello next time you talk to him.

    ReplyDelete