Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Friends, Fun, Flying, and Fabulousness

Just in case you were worried, I did not abandon you, my dearest blog friends.

I have been home for three months and I have been busy working and spending time with friends and family. Little did I know that I was making it back just in time for all kinds of big events, beside the holidays. Just to name a few, I have been able to celebrate big birthdays with my sister, my aunt, and a couple friends. I was also able to see my cousin, Cindy, who was in town and her daughter, Carlee (it was my first time meeting her)! And I got to support my friend, Dawn, who ran in her first 1/2 marathon. It has been a busy few months and it doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.

Holly decided that she wanted to go down to key west for her 21st birthday and stay on Duvall Street. However, after looking at hotel prices we figured camping down there would be the most economical way to go. So our cousin, Liz, my friend, Dawn, and Holly and I all packed up our gear and headed south. When we arrived at the camp ground we quickly set up our tent and began blowing up the air mattresses. As soon as the majority of our stuff was set up the sky proceeded to open up, completely soak everything, and leave a river through our campsite flowing directly under our nicely set up tent. What a time we had trying to dry everything out. Eventually, we just left it and headed to Duvall Street to eat dinner and do some sight seeing. The rest of the trip was fun, and even relaxing at times, and we had no more rain after that one major soaking. We got to lay around at a beach, see the southern most point (a first for Liz!), have chocolate covered key lime pie and see the sunset on the pier.


Just a few weeks later I went from fun in the sun to flying high. When my parents and I celebrated our friend, Dana's, 40th birthday in 1940's style. It was a surprise party so we had to keep everything on the "D.L." as we spent weeks looking for the right costumes and how to do 1940's hair styles, but it was all worth it in the end when we arrived and everyone looked amazing! We flew in a DC-3 to Orlando and we were met by the antique car club from the area who drove us to lunch. It was quite the elaborate scheme and Heather was so good about keeping it quiet.



I have been so blessed this holiday season to be able to spend so much time with all of my family. From Monica's surprise birthday, to the 5K run Liz and I did, to the cousins dinner, to Cindy and Carlee visiting from Japan, to my birthday, and then Christmas... I just can't get enough. I love it.



Finally, on my run down of recent events, I went up to Orlando to support my friend in her first attempt at a half marathon. It was on the Disney property, and just like everything Disney does, it was BIG. There were 26,500 people running in the half marathon and entertainment for every mile of the race and no traffic jams. I don't know how Disney does it, but they have it down to a science. Honestly, if I were ever to run that many miles I could not imagine doing it anywhere else. I was so proud of Dawn for not only finishing the half marathon, but beating the time she had set for herself!
Afterwards, we went to Universal Studios Island of Adventure and saw the new Harry Potter land that recently opened. That was so much fun!





So, although, I am not in another part of the country I have still managed to stay busy. I know what all of you want to know is whether I am going to travel again and the answer, as of right now, is yes. I hope to go to Montana next. I can't say what this new year will hold for me, and if my plans change I am fine with that. Don't worry, all of you will be the first to know. :)
Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed holiday season.

3 comments: