Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tip Toe Through the Tulips!

So Jess and I have been doing some exploring of WA over the last two weekends. However, none of it has including snow shoeing... :)
Two weekends ago we went on a hike. It was cloudy and the trail was all muddy, but still, you can't deny that all the rain does make everything a beautiful shade of green. Lucky, Jessica's new golden retriever, goes with us on a lot of our adventures.

The rest of the weekend we spent looking around town.
This weekend the Annual Tulip festival began. Jess and I participated in the Tulip Run which began at 9:30 Saturday morning. Now, I had heard throughout the week from a few of my patients and co-workers that the weekend was supposed to be "really nice." I took that to mean it would be sunny and maybe a little warmer than usual. Well, I have to get used to the fact that when people around here say it's going to be "nice" they really mean "it will probably not be raining the entire day."  In that regard, they were correct...it was a nice day. (If you think nice is 50 degrees and overcast.) It was pretty cold waiting for the run to start, but I warmed up real quick! :)


After the run we went to one of the gardens that showcases the tulips and daffodils. They grow some in greenhouses for the display gardens, but the coolest thing to see are the immense fields where they grow the tulips and daffodils for harvesting. The daffodil fields were unbelievably gorgeous! I have never seen so much vibrant yellow in all my life. Unfortunately, the tulips did not get the invitation to attend their own festival. Mother Nature had other plans. The only tulips that we saw this weekend were the ones planted in the gardens that came from the greenhouses. The huge fields of tulips were not in bloom. The ones in the gardens were beautiful, and we got some great pictures! Of course, I have posted some on here, but to see them all go to this link...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2224411&id=33407719&l=eef4cd976c 








Once we were all daffodiled-out we drove over to Deception Pass State Park. We walked on the beach that looked just like a scene out of Twilight, and discovered all kinds of miniature wildlife in the tide pools. Fun Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Those gray skies do take a little getting used to I would imagine. How close are you to Forks, WA? You should visit - of course during the day time only. I don't want any vampires in my family line please.

    ReplyDelete